Root canal is a treatment - Chennai
A root canal is a treatment used to repair and save a tooth that is infected or inflamed at the pulp (the soft tissue inside the tooth that contains nerves and blood vessels). The procedure involves removing the damaged pulp, cleaning and disinfecting the inside of the tooth, and then filling and sealing it. The most common reason for a root canal is a deep cavity or a crack in the tooth that has allowed bacteria to enter and infect the pulp.
The procedure typically requires one or more appointments and can be completed in a few steps:
- Initial consultation and diagnosis - Your dentist will evaluate the condition of your tooth and take x-rays to determine if a root canal is necessary.
- Local anesthesia - To make the procedure more comfortable, your dentist will administer a local anesthetic to numb the area around the affected tooth.
- Pulp removal - A small access hole is made in the top of the tooth and special tools are used to remove the damaged pulp from the inside of the tooth.
- Cleaning and shaping - The inside of the tooth is cleaned and shaped to prepare it for filling.
- Filling and sealing - The tooth is filled with a rubber-like material called gutta-percha, and then sealed with a filling or a crown.
The benefits of root canal treatment include:
- Saving a tooth that would otherwise need to be extracted
- Relieving pain and infection
- Preventing the spread of infection to other teeth or other parts of the body
- Helping to maintain the natural appearance of your smile
After treatment, it's normal to feel some mild discomfort or sensitivity in the treated tooth, but this can usually be managed with over-the-counter pain medication. Your dentist may also provide specific instructions for caring for your tooth, including avoiding hard or sticky foods, and may schedule follow-up appointments to monitor the healing of the tooth.
A follow-up with the dentist is important, it will be determined if a crown or some other type of permanent restoration is needed to protect the tooth, depending on the structure and location of the tooth.
In summary, Root canal treatment is a common procedure that can save a damaged or infected tooth by removing the pulp and then cleaning and sealing the inside of the tooth. With proper aftercare and maintenance, most teeth that have had root canal treatment can last a lifetime.
வேர் சிகிச்சை (root canal ) என்றால் என்ன?? root canal treatment in Tamil தீராத வழி கொண்ட பற்களை எடுக்க வேண்டிய அவசியம் இல்லை. உங்கள் பல் சொத்தை பற்களின் வேர் நரம்பு வரை சென்றிருந்தால், சாதாரண முறையில் அதை அடைக்க இயலாது.. வேர் சிகிச்சை(Root canal Treatment) செய்து கொண்டு உங்கள் பற்களை பாதுகாக்கலாம்.. பல் வேர் சிகிச்சை செலவு , பல் எடுக்கும் செலவை விட அதிகமாக இருந்தாலும், பல் கட்டும் செலவை ஒப்பிட்டு பார்த்தால், வேர் சிகிச்சை செலவு தான் கம்மியாக இருக்கும்.
How can I book an appointment?
To book an appointment at any of our dental clinics, you can fill the form available at the top, and one of our representatives will get in touch with you. Alternatively, you can also give us a call on 09940394979.
What are your dental clinic timings?
Dental clinics remain open from 10 AM to 7 PM every day. However, in the case of unforeseen situations, the timing may differ on that particular day. Our Clinics are open on weekends.
What modes of payment are acceptable at your Dental Clinics?
We accept payments through Cash/Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Paytm/ PhonePe or via /Airtel Money or any other UPI Payment methods.
How frequently should I visit a dentist?
The frequency of a visit to a dentist depends on the condition of your oral health. It is advised that people must visit a dentist at least once in six months for regular dental check-ups. However, people with dental problems must visit once in three months or as directed by the dentists.